How to Use the Income from Your 9-5 to Build Real Wealth
Hey Career Girl Nation!
If you've been listening to the podcast for a while (or even if it's your first time), then you should know that I am a HUGE advocate for women making MORE money.
I don't believe there should be any inequity in pay due to race and/or gender and I don't play games when it comes to salary negotiation. I talk about asking for more, demanding what you're worth, creating your compensation strategy...you get it.
Basically, my goal is that women are making the money they deserve in their careers.
While it's critical that you focus on how much money you make, what I'm learning is that it's not just about that. It's also about how much money you keep.
In today's episode, I'm chatting with Bola Onada Sokunbi from Clever Girl Finance and she's going to dive deep into how you can keep more of the money you make in your 9-5 and use it to build REAL wealth for yourself.
Bola is a Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI), finance expert, writer, business strategist, social media influencer and founder/CEO of Clever Girl Finance, a platform that empowers and educates women to make the best financial decisions for their current and future selves and to pursue their dreams of financial independence in order to live life on their own terms.
If making AND keeping more money in your 9-5 is one of your goals for this year and beyond, you've got to listen in to episode 28!
P.S. If you enjoy this episode, please subscribe, rate and review on iTunes.
Episode Gems You Don't Want to Miss:
- The definition of "building REAL wealth" and how to finally have peace of mind when it comes to your finances
- The 3 ways to jump start a financial mindset shift so you can finally get on the path to building wealth for yourself
- Why you've got to align your actions with your desires in order to take your finances to the next level
- The question you need to ask yourself (and answer honestly) to help with the mindset adjustment you need to change your finances
- How Bola was able to save over $100,000 in her 9-5 in just three years (without being a six figure earner)
- The root of being overwhelmed when it comes to financial matters and how to challenge these emotions to push forward to financial independence
If you enjoyed this podcast episode, please take a moment to subscribe, rate and review on iTunes. This is how we can spread the word about the Deeper than Work podcast and have as many women as possible join the Career Girl Nation!